Chiptune forum

"bleep blop!"

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-13 16:03:32

geoffroy
PM

minizza - monoball

Hi

Well, the whole album is not chiptune related, but the "Monoball" song on "Music for girls", the debut of the French band Minizza, was made with an Amiga and Protracker, and only ST-01 samples. Plus vocals of course.

check http://www.brocoli.org/v1/index.php?opt … ;id=1#play

geoffroy

#2 2005-09-13 17:17:51

starpause
acid filter cutoff jam
PM  Website

Re: minizza - monoball

wow, how was working w/ edward ka-spel?!?

i'm downloading the 96kbps version of the album, that's really cool the site shares that ... higher bitrate than anything on my label lol roll

k9d/nD
m3d, lobit labia
cockroaches, fm broadcast

#3 2005-09-15 16:19:43

geoffroy
PM

edward ka-spel is a very very nice guy, gentle and humble. Working with him is a dream.

#4 2005-09-18 18:49:24

starpause
acid filter cutoff jam
PM  Website

holy shit, i'm digging into this!!! great variety of challenging, cerebral stuff and pure pop goodness big_smile

the first track is awesome, beautiful. but i've been listening to some peter brotzman, anthony braxton, and lukiss nystrand ... goes well with stuff from those guys

monoball is indeed killer--are you doing all the vocals? love 'em! so catchy! interesting panning.

"globally yours" is a hot dance number and ka-spel sounds great, but the vocal line gets tired ... i suppose for a dance mix that's fine? i always wind up skipping past the end. classy mix of accoustic guitar with club beats.

were you working in a studio, your bedroom, or what? the produciton is really slick.

the rest is pretty good too, though some of the tracks sort of sound redudent or don't quite strike me.

anyway--thanks for sharing! 96kbps is high to me but i'll have to buy this album for a friend or something smile

Last edited by starpause (2005-09-18 18:51:08)

k9d/nD
m3d, lobit labia
cockroaches, fm broadcast

#5 2005-09-19 14:21:38

geoffroy
PM

thanks for the kind words!
We are two in the band, we work on my appartment. Almost everything was made using Jeskola Buzz as a sequencer, and also Audiomulch for the most experimental sides.
Now we're going the Ableton Live route (bought Live 5 last week).

The CD sounds much better and is a nice digipack with a 12 pages booklet, don't hesitate to buy it wink

Board footer